Veteran rapper and former member of defunct group The Remedies, Eedris Abdulkareem caused a mild uproar among guests at the Headies 2016 held on the 22 of December. The radical musician while singing on stage with his former group members, Tony Tetuilla and Eddie Montana, was really in his usual high and controversial spirit. He stopped midway performance to thank everyone who had been a part of his career and then thanked former Nigerian President, Chief General Olusegun Obasanjo.
Eedris said “Thank you Obasanjo. Obasanjo you are my Bubu”. But no one suspected that Eedris was about to look for the trouble of the ex-president after that statement.
Eedris started singing his popular socially conscious hit, “Jaga Jaga”. But just as he was about to end the song, he shouted “Obasanjo Jaga Jaga”, which sparked a noise from the crowd.
For a reminder, Eedris, years back was on the blacklist of former President Obasanjo during his tenure. Eedris had sang “Jaga Jaga” a song which criticised the state of the nation at the time. Obasanjo felt offended by the song and called out Eedris and blasted him for the song. Since then, they’ve had a off and on relationship.
- FULL EP DOWNLOAD: Tiwa Savage – Sugarcane
- FULL ALBUM DOWNLOAD: DJ Spinall – Dreams
- [MUSIC] Sarkodie – Your Waist ft. Flavour
- FULL ALBUM DOWNLOAD: Sarkodie – Highest
- [MUSIC] Ichaba – Baby Mama ft. Davido
- [MUSIC] Iyanya – Nobody Has To Know (Prod. By Altims)
- [VIDEO] Wizkid ft. Chris Brown – African Bad Girl
- Cynthia Morgan Ready To Quit The Internet 100% For Good
- Mikel Scores On Second Game With Chinese Club, Tianjin TEDA