The 23-year-old moved back to Old Trafford during the summer after four years with Juventus and looked out for the young Englishman after growing up together
Paul Pogba has revealed that Jesse Lingard was the one Manchester United player he was most looking forward to seeing upon his return.
The 23-year-old moved back to Old Trafford for a world-record fee during the summer, four years after leaving for Juventus for a nominal fee.
Pogba has described United as his “house”, joking that his spell with Juventus was like going “on holiday” before returnin to Old Trafford and is delighted at his progress Lingard has made in his absence.
“When Jesse saw me, I was really happy to see him,” he toldSky Sports. “We grew up together. To see him in the first-team, I’m very happy and very proud.”Pogba also spoke about his upbringing, with his two older brothers also professional footballers, with Florentine Pogba at Saint-Etienne and Mathias Pogba at Sparta Rotterdam.
“I’m always in touch with my brothers … I always follow them,” he added. “I always trained with them and played with them because they were bigger than me and older than me. They told me it was better for me.
“Sometimes I played with my brothers but I liked to play against them as well. They didn’t want me to hang out with them and their friends but when it came to football they were always with me.”
- FULL EP DOWNLOAD: Tiwa Savage – Sugarcane
- FULL ALBUM DOWNLOAD: DJ Spinall – Dreams
- [MUSIC] Sarkodie – Your Waist ft. Flavour
- FULL ALBUM DOWNLOAD: Sarkodie – Highest
- “Soundcity Won’t Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive” – Black Lady
- [VIDEO] Tidinz – A’Biggie ft. Phyno
- [VIDEO] Chief Obi ft. Olamide – Carry Go
- Saudi Prince Buys Plane Tickets for His 80 Hawks
- [VIDEO] Mayorkun – Mama